Friday, December 27, 2013

Overview of 2013

I think I’ve written some very interesting essays this year. I covered WWII cryptology, wrote about spies and intelligence operations, presented detailed statistics about various aspects of WWII and debunked several WWII myths.

Let’s have a look at the best essays.

Codes and ciphers:

Codes of the Special Operations Executive-SOE: part 1, part 2 and part 3.
Signals intelligence and the Battle of Stalingrad: part 1 and part 2.

State Department’s strip cipher: part 1, part 2, part 3 and part 4.
Turkish codes

Soviet codebreakers of WWII: part 1 and part 2.

British railways code

Polish diplomatic code: part 1 and part 2.

Spies:

The resistance leader ‘King Kong’

 
T-34 tank:

US report on quality of Soviet tanks

Recurring problems of Soviet tank design

 
WWII statistics:

German AFV production 1939-45

German AFV losses in the Eastern Front

 
WWII Myths:

The German war economy

Multitude of German AFV types

Battle of Kursk

In writing some of these essays i received help from other people who gave me information and/or documents. I’d like to say a big thank you to everyone who’s ever helped me.
Keep in mind that real research costs money. The files that I’ve uploaded and used in my essays had to be copied from either the US or the UK National archives.
If you want to help me copy more files you can do so. The tab on the right that says donate works just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment